To be honest I might not be the best person to ask about this; I know that there are many blogs out there that are way more popular than mine and I still have a long way to go, but I can at least give you som tips that actually have helped me out quite a lot when it comes to blogging. Many of these points actually apply to most kinds of blogs, not only fashion blogs, but I hope that some of you might find this useful. Let's start!
1. Focus on a certain category and audience.There are so many different types of Fashion out there, so you should decide on what kind of Fashion you want to blog about and stick with that. Are you going to blog about high fashion brands and mainstream trends or a very distinct style? For example, I blog about Japanese Fashion & Cosmetics (I will only occasionally blog about other things too); Most of the brands and things I blog about are only known to a certain group of people. Even though what you blog about isn't for everyone, people who like the style will appreciate if you stick with it.
2. ContentFirst of all, customize your blog to suit what you blog about. It doesn't have to be super fancy, but let's be honest, it's more enjoyable to read a blog that looks neat. Try to stand out! Having a nice blog design also makes it easier for new readers to understand what kind of blog you're running.
Second, try to put some work and quality into your posts. In my opinion, the best content for a post is a combination of nice photos and your personal opinion. If you're going to take photos of your own, make sure that they look somewhat nice. You don't need the best camera in the world, but try to avoid crappy mobile photos. Make a few touch-ups in Photoshop or any other editing program and you're good to go!
Like I mentioned in point 1, if you're running a fashion blog you should stick with your category. I personally like to blog about my personal life from time to time since this is also my personal blog, but I'm pretty sure that people who want to read a fashion blog don't want to read about what you had for lunch the other day. If you think it's hard to find interesting things to blog about: Find some good sources (Youtube Channels, Webshops etc.) that will keep you updated on Fashion, trends, latest collections, etc. so you can easily find new things to blog about.
3. Promote!Share your blog and your posts in every social media you're part of - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, you name it! Make a Fanpage for your blog on Facebook; there's a very useful app which automatically posts your new blog posts on your wall, so you don't have to worry much about that. A facebook fanpage is also a great way to interact with your followers. You can also check your Traffic Sources to find out which source gives you the most pageviews (which in my case is Twitter).
4. Keep people interestedOnce you start gaining followers it's important to keep them interested. Just because they're there doesn't mean that they will check your blog everyday. Try to publish posts as often as you can, but I recommend you to publish no more than 2 posts a day. A great thing is that you can Schedule your posts so they will be published automatically whenever you like. This is great if you already blogged one day, have another post ready to publish, but you know that you're going to be busy and won't have time to blog; You can set the date and time to publish your post on that day.
Ask your followers questions in your posts! Show them that you care about their opinion and that they're a part of this too. Your blog is pretty much useless if you don't care about or appreciate your followers.
5. Have Fun!It can be hard to get into blogging in the beginning, and you might feel pretty pooped when you put a lot of work into your blog and posts but you feel like no one acknowledges it. Whenever you feel like that, always keep this in mind: You should blog because you think it's fun and because you can share the things you love with people from all over the world that have the same interests as you. This is probably the most important part of all when it comes to blogging. Just enjoy what you're doing!
That's it! I really hope that this was useful to some of you and that it might help you out with running your own fashion blog. I might update this post if I come up with any more tips. But for now,